Tuesday, November 13, 2012

And Now I've Seen A Sith Wedding

Yes, you read it right. This Sunday I took part in a Sith Wedding ceremony at the Carolina Renaissance festival. It took be by surprise. I friend of mine from the Ren Faire contacted me late Saturday night over FB and said that he knew a Sith Wedding was going to occur and they were going to sacrifice a Jedi! So I gathered my Ren Faire Trooper gear and headed out that morning.

After meeting the happy couple, who were excited to have a Stormtrooper for their ceremony, they regretted not contacting the 501st before hand to get more people - they thought of that too late.

The couple are the owners (I believe) in Leather Mystics - dressed in black leather and armed with sabers. The ceremony was conducted by Ren Faire Great - Shamus the Insulter, whose deep voice really added to the mood.  And he had done his Sith research, he referred to the couple only by their Sith names, everyone had to repeat the Code of the Sith and pledge their devotion to the Sith and the couple exchanged light sabers. It was great! And the King and Queen showed up to make it complete!

So, that's something I can check off my bucket list!

Also, for those who don't know, here is the Code of the Sith (from Wookieepedia)

The Sith Code, as written by Sorzus Syn[1] and taught by Darth Bane:[2]




Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.



No comments:

Post a Comment