Saturday, March 30, 2013

Give a Mouse a … Oooo Look Over There!

My attention span is very limited. I get bored writing. I'll start writing a story and then get tired of writing it and just let it die. It's something I'm working on. It's sort of like what happened to me a few days ago when I opened the door to the laundry room (which isn't really a 'room', it's more like a large closet that barely fits the washer and dryer) and sitting on top of the dryer, was a mouse. A tiny little brown mouse who didn't seen to concerned with me. I quietly closed the door and walked over to my girlfriend, "There's a mouse on the dryer."


"Really?" she said and open the door to look.


She was interested in capturing the little creature, not killing it, but capturing it and setting it free in the wild. But first, she needed to name it. After some deliberation, she decided to call the mouse Mr. Jingles - which sounded more like Mr. Jangles to me - from the Green Mile by Stephen King.


I don't know if you have every tried to capture a mouse - but it's exactly like the movie Mouse Hunt. So first we …


See? I'm bored with this story already. It's not that interesting. We caught the mouse with a live trap, and let her free (yes, we determined it was a she) out in the woods next to the house. But I didn't want to write the rest of the story. This is where my podcasting comes into play. I'd rather talk about then write about it.


All I know is if you give me a cookie, I'll probably need some milk - same goes for the mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment